Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Self-learning

I came across a comment in the graphpaper.com blog on the iPhone. Down near the end, on June 27, 2008. A Sabrina Simon makes the off-hand comment about people and self-learning. "...an academic leaning that requires an audience to invest in self-learning. After 36 years in business, I have yet to encounter a management group that is so inclined." I agree that many people won't or aren't able to self-learn.

That is a big issue when it comes to problem-solving. If you are not able to self-learn, you will have difficulty solving thorny problems. If you were able to look up the answer or ask someone, then you aren't really solving a problem, it's already been solved and you are just looking up the answer. I think the web site will assume a certain amount of self-learning will go on. I'm not sure how to develop some other person's self-learning ability. That's probably why I'm not a teacher.

Hopefully by reading blogs such as this, and visiting problem-solving websites, you already show a pre-disposition to self-learn and the information I hope to compile will aide you in your education.

No comments: